SMORE'S OATMEAL COOKIES
makes 3 1/2 dozen
cooking time: 10 t0 11 minutes
1 and 3/4 of a stick of butter, at room temperature
1 tbsp of vegetable shortening, at room temperature
3/4 cups of brown sugar
3/4 cups of sugar
3 cups of quick cooking (old fashion) oats
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1/2 tsp of salt
1 tsp of baking soda
3/4 tsp of cinnamon
1 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
1 cup of nestle semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 bags of marshmallow
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon set aside.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment cream together your flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix for a few seconds.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix together to combine but do not over mix.
- Add the oats, chocolate and the marshmallows you cut up and mix together for about 10 seconds.just long enough to incorporated the oats, chocolate and marshmallows.
- With your spoon or spatula, just give everything one last mix by hand from the bottom up, just to make sure that all your ingredients are combined.
- Using a small scoop, drop the dough onto a non baking sheet or your greased down baking dish spread a couple inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 11 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Let them cool and enjoy.